Your Legal Team
The staff of Law Offices of David Smith are professional and diverse. Each team member contributes a different perspective which works to strengthen our firm from within for the benefit of our clients.
Please call for your FREE Consultation.
David C. Smith
ABOUT David C. Smith
David C. Smith
Principal & Managing Attorney
Mr. Smith has been practicing law for over 16 years, following a career as a computer consultant and manager of a computer department for an insurance company. While attending law school, he was involved with projects that combined technology and the law, including e-discovery and computer forensics.
Mr. Smith’s practice focuses on consumer and commercial law, representing individuals and businesses with an emphasis on debtor representation in bankruptcy proceedings, including Chapter 7, 11 and 13 claims.
In addition to his bankruptcy practice, Mr. Smith also practices in real estate, corporate formation and dissolution, employment, transactional law, Internet law and e-commerce.
He and his office also volunteer and participate in pro-bono work within the community.
- J.D, Seattle University School of Law, Seattle, Washington, 1999
- B.A., summa cum laude, Simpson College, 1996
Admitted to practice in:
- All Washington courts
- US District Court for Western District of Washington
- US Bankruptcy Court for Western District of Washington
- US Bankruptcy Appellate Panel, Ninth Circuit
- US Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit
- Tacoma-Pierce County Bar Association
- Member, American Bar Association
- Member, NACBA (National Association of Consumer Bankruptcy Attorneys)
Lisa Tigges Smith
ABOUT Lisa Tigges Smith
Ms. Smith has been working for the Law Offices of David Smith for over 10 years. Lisa’s role is the overall business management of the firm including marketing, accounting and human resources.
Prior to joining the firm, Lisa was a successful event coordinator as the Director of Events for Drake University in Iowa. After moving to Washington in 1996, she finished her bachelor’s degree, while her husband attended law school.
Outside of the office, Lisa enjoys her primary role as mother and life guide to two beautiful daughters and the adventures that entails.
- A.A. in Accounting, Des Moines College of Business, 1988
- B.A. in Interdisciplinary Arts and Sciences and Nonprofit Management, summa cum laude, University of Washington, 1999
Amanda R. Roney
ABOUT Amanda R. Roney
Ms. Roney is the newest addition to Law Offices of David Smith, but plays an indispensable role in our firm. Since she was young, Ms. Roney has had a passion for law and was compelled to pursue a career in the legal industry. An Olympia-native, Ms. Roney recently moved back to the South Sound from Alabama with her military husband, Anthony. Ms. Roney is currently in school, with the goal of becoming an attorney.